Charity & Community work
Things we do and give
- Active executive member for GOHBA, OHBA, and CHBA; Active member of the Building Innovation Committee, CHBA Net Zero Council and Renovation Council
- Habitat for Humanity Charity Gala Sponsor (2014-2019)
- Generous donation to the Algonquin Centre for Construction Excellence (ACCE) building
- Guest lecturer to Algonquin College’s Green Architecture and Building Science students
- Presentations to committee groups on green renovations
- Ottawa Tornado Relief Sponsor (2018)
- Ottawa Flood Relief Sponsor (2019)
- We distribute quarterly company newsletters with seasonal maintenance tips and educational content
- Our president is a regular columnist in Ottawa Renovates magazine, providing tips and educational content
- Our President was instrumental in working with NRCan to bring Local Energy Efficient Partnership (LEEP) to Ottawa
- Guyana Fun Day Association Sponsor (2014-2018)
- Host home tours during and after construction for architects, students, interested neighbours and industry associates
Habitat for Humanity
helping people improve the place they call home
We carefully remove material during our demolition/renovation process and ship to Habitat for Humanity ReStores, where the material is sold and takes on a second life.
Recently we participated in a Habitat for Humanity Blitz Build – where a home was built in three days.
Roger Neilson House
Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
Rogers House at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) is a palliative care facility for children and their families.
Our president, Roy Nandram, coordinated the renovations of the 5,300 sq. ft. basement that had not been completed during the construction of the original building. Rogers House saved approximately $90,000 in material and labour through the generosity of local trades and suppliers.
Roy managed the entire process at no fee. He also encouraged a cost-reduction approach.