Our Commitment to Environmental Stewardship
Donating materials to Habitat for Humanity or for reuse.
Recycling waste, where possible.
- Using eco-friendly materials, e.g. low-VOC paints, recycled materials such as drywall, etc.
- Choosing energy-efficient HVAC, lighting, etc.
- Improving insulation and air tightness above standard.
- Using durable materials and construction detailing.
- Using locally produced materials, where feasible (within 500 miles of Ottawa).
- Air-washing the finished space to remove VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and airborne particles.
The following are green initiatives available at a minimum cost to our clients:
Sealing of duct work.
LED light fixtures.
Radon gas venting.
Charger outlet for electric vehicles.
Ultra-low plumbing fixtures.
Drain water heat recovery.
Carbon monoxide sensor and venting in garage.