ONLY 1 HOME REMAINING!
Why Riverpark Green?
- Spacious, open-concept, contemporary design by Christopher Simmonds Architect
- Five-time award-winning Green Custom Home of the Year builder, RND Construction
- Energy-efficient & environmentally friendly design and construction (ENERGY STAR® minimum—25% higher than code)
- Option to upgrade to LEED® Gold or R-2000*
- Insulation levels—above current building code
- Extended 2 year workmanship warranty
- Urban infill in established neighbourhood
- Close to amenities—schools, shopping malls, parks, library, golf course
- Mature trees in front yard and back yard
- Option to modify interior design
- Option for finished basement or secondary unit
- Custom kitchen & bathroom vanities
Let’s design your new green home together.
Riverpark Green Home Floor Plans
An urban neighbourhood closely connected to nature
The established neighbourhood of Riverside Park South is an ideal setting for this infill of four sustainable, single-family homes. Its central location means you will spend more time enjoying your home and less time commuting to it. With an abundance of choice for shopping and dining, your next favourite shop or restaurant will likely be nearby, no matter where it is. When it’s time to escape the city and immerse yourself in nature, Mooney’s Bay, Vincent Massey Park and several other parks are just a quick walk, run or bike ride away.
An exceptional home – now and for many years to come
Riverpark Green, a unique enclave of four new single family homes in Riverside Park South, is the latest in a long-standing collaborative relationship between RND Construction and Christopher Simmonds Architect. The designs feature open, flowing spaces that will bask in sunlight and connect with the outdoors. Building these homes will be the product of over 25 years of experience and innovation — applying materials, products and proven construction details to create distinctive, durable and healthy homes for you to enjoy for many years to come.
With design features and leading edge construction techniques usually only found in the many award-winning custom homes by our team, don’t miss this opportunity for us to design and build your new home.
Green through and through
The homes at Riverpark Green will be designed and built with the same values and techniques on which Christopher Simmonds Architect and RND Construction have established their reputations.
From the very start of the project, minimizing environmental impact has been a main consideration with the preservation of mature trees on the property. Homes will be carefully nestled around indigenous mature trees, and driveways will be structured to go between trees.
These innovative homes will incorporate technology and building practices that will allow them to out-perform homes built years afterwards. Instead of simply demolishing the home which existed on the property, it was carefully relocated for someone else to call home.
The interiors will have open spaces filled with an abundance of daylight and fresh air, as well as carefully selected materials and finishes to promote healthy living.
Riverpark Green will meet present needs without compromising the future. RND has met the challenge of ensuring the three pillars of sustainability — economics, society and environment.
Third-party verification and certification, backed by Natural Resources Canada, will help assure that savings, energy efficiency and sustainable practices are built into your home. The certification is a confirmation of RND’s overall quality of design and construction.
The Builder: RND Construction
A passion for innovation, quality and customer service
Since 1990, RND Construction has thrived on the passion and skill it takes to build custom homes at the forefront of sustainability, energy efficiency and quality. Developing innovative construction methods has established RND as a trusted advisor and collaborator to the local building industry. After building numerous ENERGY STAR®, R-2000* and LEED® homes, we look forward to providing the leading-edge features of these homes to more homeowners in our community.
We understand that your home is one of the most significant investments in life, and over the years, we have worked with many homeowners, ensuring that their aspirations are successfully met by the homes we build for them. We thoroughly enjoy collaborating with architects and our clients to provide support and advice at every step of the design and construction process.
- Five-time winner of the GOHBA Custom Home of the Year
- Six-time winner of the GOHBA Green Custom Home of the Year
- Three–time winner of the GOHBA Green Renovation of the Year
The Architect: Christopher Simmonds Architect
Since 1996, Christopher Simmonds Architect has provided a broad range of clients with the highest quality of service on residential, institutional, commercial and educational projects. Over the years, the firm has designed custom homes for families across Ontario and Quebec. By listening closely to homeowners, Chris and his team have developed a design approach focused on accommodating the way modern families live.
Their holistic approach to design promotes and encourages the well-being of the homeowners and their families.
Over the years, Christopher Simmonds and RND Construction have collaborated on numerous custom homes that have delighted the families who live in them.
Included features & standard specifications
Energy and Environmental Features
- ENERGY STAR® & R-2000* certificates
- Smart framing – increases insulation
- Open web floor joist – reduces bulkheads
- Insulation levels above current building code
- Air tightness at least 50% better than ENERGY STAR® requirements
- Impermeable footing membrane
- High efficiency heating, cooling & hot water
- High efficiency heat recovery ventilator – fully ducted to all bathrooms
- High efficiency windows and exterior doors – with customized glazing to suit solar orientation
- Shower drain heat recovery pipe
- LED and compact fluorescent lighting
- 220-volt electrical rough-in garage for car charger prewired
- Solar ready piping (from mechanical room to attic)
- Radon ready piping
- Low flow plumbing fixtures & dual flush toilets
- Low VOC paints and finishes
- 9ft-high ceiling on main level
- Tiled entries, laundry room, mudroom and bathrooms
- Maple or oak natural finish wood floors
- Natural oak or maple stair from first floor to second with painted stringer & risers
- Modern oak or maple railing and handrails
- Smooth finish ceiling throughout
- 3-½” baseboard and 2-½” casing (painted)
- Painted slab doors or 3 panel door with satin chrome hardware (lever)
- Melamine closet/shelving
- Basemenr drywall prime painted
- Professionally designed custom kitchen – includes extended upper cabinets, valance lighting, pot drawers, microwave cabinet with electrical outlet
- Stainless steel double compartment sink with single handle pullout faucet
- 1-¼” granite countertop with eased (square) edge
- Ceramic tile backsplash
- 400 CFM stainless steel kitchen exhaust hood fan vented to exterior
- 24”-deep upper cabinet above the fridge
- Dishwasher space provided in kitchen cabinets with electrical plug outlet. Water supply line and drain rough in under kitchen sink
- Water line for fridge
Plumbing & Bath
- Pressure balance mixing valves in showers
- Full width mirrors in all bathrooms
- Dual flush toilets
- Single lever faucets in all bathrooms
- 5’-6″ soaker tub in ensuite
- Standard tub in main bathroom
- Tempered glass shower enclosure – sliding or pivot doors
- Custom-crafted cabinets in main and ensuite bathroom
- Pedestal sink in ground floor bathroom
- Under-mount or top-mounted vanities sink with ¾” granite top
- 2 exterior hose bibs (one in garage)
- Rough-in for future 3-piece bathroom in basement
- Brushed or polished chrome metal accessories include towel bar/towel ring and toilet tissue dispenser
- Laundry sink with hot and cold water faucets
- 200-amp electrical service with 48-circuit breaker panels
- 24 pot lights, 4 shower pot lights, 5 exterior pot lights & 3 exterior wall sconces
- White Decora® style plugs and switches
- Electronic front door chime
- Rough-in for future security system
- Rough-in for future central vac
- Rough-in for telephone, data and cable (minimum 3 locations)
- Designer light fixtures as seen in model suite
- Ceiling light in all bedrooms, master bedroom light outlet capped
- Interconnected smoke detectors and carbon monoxide sensors (as per Ontario Building Code)
- Dining room ceiling light outlet capped
- Electric garage door opener with 2 remotes
- 220-volt/40-amp electrical prewire in garage for car charger
Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- ENERGY STAR® or high efficiency heating and cooling systems
- High efficiency HRV – fully ducted with smart control
- Hot water tank (Rental – The Purchaser acknowledges that the hot water unit is subject to a rental agreement and agrees to execute rental agreement prior to closing)
- Shower drain heat recovery pipe
- Programmable thermostat
- Gas fireplace
- Meticulously sealed ductwork to prevent air leakage
- Exterior gas connection for BBQ
Maintenance Free Exterior Features
- Modern exterior colour package designed by Christopher Simmonds Architect
- Exterior combination of materials of clay bricks, stucco or cement-board siding accented by cedar
- Colour-coordinated PVC windows and painted exterior doors
- Insulated fiberglass main entrance door with satin chrome grip set and dead-bolt
- Colour aluminum fascia & soffit
- 40-year warranty architectural asphalt shingles
- Insulated metal garage door
- Fully insulated and drywalled garage
- Stainless steel mailbox & house numbers
- Landscaping includes asphalt driveway, sod, interlock walkway to front door, interlock rear patio or cedar deck as per architect’s plan
- 6ft-high cedar fence along rear property line and between home from the back wall to rear property line
- Galvanized metal window wells
The RND warranty is backed by Tarion’s coverage which includes an additional 2nd year workmanship warranty as well as the following:
One Year Warranty
- Free from defects in workmanship and materials
- Protects against unauthorized substitutions
- Requires the home to be fit for habitation
- Protects against Ontario Building Code violations
Two Year Warranty
- Protects against water penetration through the basement or foundation walls.
- Protects against defects in materials that affect windows, doors and caulking and defects in work that result in water penetration into the building envelope.
- Covers defects in work or materials in the electrical, plumbing and heating delivery and distribution systems.
- Covers defects in work or materials that result in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding.
- Protects against violations of the Ontario Building Code that affect health and safety.
Seven Year Warranty
- Major structural defects (MSD) begins on the date you take possession of the home and ends on the day before the seventh anniversary of that date.
- Any defect in work or materials in respect of a building, including a crack, distortion or displacement of a structural load-bearing element of the building.
- Significant damage due to soil movement*, major cracks in basement walls, collapse or serious distortion of joints or roof structure and chemical failure of materials.
*Emergency situations due to the failure of a municipality or utility to provide the service are not within the builder’s control
For more information regarding Tarion warranty, visit www.tarion.com
Homes will be registered with Tarion by the Vendor with the fee to be paid by the Purchaser as an adjustment on closing.
The Builder may change plans, specifications and materials/colours are subject to availability, substitution, and modification without notice at the sole discretion of RND. Plans and specifications may vary by house type & model. E. & O.E. May 17, 2016.