RND is committed to environmental stewardship – every project will have as a minimum standard the following green initiatives, at no additional cost to our clients:
- Donating materials to Habitat for Humanity or for reuse.
- Recycling waste, where possible.
- Using eco-friendly materials, e.g. low-VOC paints, recycled materials such as drywall, etc.
- Choosing energy-efficient HVAC, lighting, etc.
- Improving insulation and air tightness above standard.
- Using durable materials and construction detailing.
- Using locally produced materials, where feasible (within 500 miles of Ottawa).
- Air-washing the finished space to remove VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and airborne particles.
The following are green initiatives available at a minimum cost to our clients:
- Programmable thermostat
- Sealing of duct work.
- Solar-ready piping.
- LED light fixtures.
- Radon gas venting.
- Charger outlet for electric vehicles.
- Ultra-low plumbing fixtures.
- Carbon monoxide sensor and venting in garage.
- Drain water heat recovery.