In addition to all our renovation and custom home builds our model home at Riverpark Green is well on it’s way with the windows and doors now installed.
We are very excited to announce the we were winners in four of the categories at this year’s GOHBA Housing Design Awards Gala, which include:
Our Double Decker Deck captured this year’s Most Outstanding Home Renovation under $250K at the OHBA Awards of Distinction
November is Radon Action Month! Did you know: Radon is the second-leading cause of cancer after smoking. Radon also kills 70 times more Canadians per year than carbon monoxide and significantly more than mould, asbestos and house dust combined. For more information about radon, please read Roy’s article recently published in Ottawa Renovates “RADON: Beware The Invisible Danger”
We have made arrangements with Stephanie Douma from Terrapetratox for all our friends, families and clients to receive a discount price of $140 + HST for radon testing. Terrapetratox is are C-NRPP certified radon testers. Late fall is the perfect time for radon testing to begin as your house is closed up during the winter and the testing last approximately three months.
To arrange and book your radon test, please contact Stephanie Douma at 613-413-2318 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
RND would like to remind our clients and associates of the following seasonal maintenance information:
- Examine your roof, gutters and down-spouts for debris/blockages;
- Prepare your fireplace for its peak season – check operation of damper, inspect/clean chimney;
- Check the interior of your foundation for cracks, leaks, mould and mildew;
- Remove grilles on forced-air systems and vacuum inside the ducts;
- Check garage door tracks and lubricate bearings;
- Check HRV filter and adjust control to winter settings and clean outside intake vent;
- Check guardrails and handrails for sturdiness;
- Ensure your house is off-limits to unwanted rodents or small animals nesting for the winter;
- Check exterior finishes for cracks/signs of rotting;
- Drain exterior water lines (irrigation systems) and remove garden hoses from hose bibs;
- Inspect hot water tank and furnace and replace filter if necessary;
- Check ice-melting cables (if applicable);
- Test smoke detectors and carbon monoxide sensors’
- Check weather stripping on doors and replace if necessary.